Thursday, September 24, 2015

Class Symbaloo - New Year, New Website!

Hey-lo everybody. If you have been following me for a while you will know about my Class Symbaloo from last year that was filled with educational games. This year, I decided to make a Class Symbaloo again but I wanted to change up the purpose of my Class Symbaloo. Whereas last year it was devoted mostly to educational games, this year I use it as a repository for educational things for my students to do during Down Time.

They can choose from various educational Youtube channels, such as How Stuff Works, reading material, such as Wattpad, enrichment resources, such as Hour of Code, and book hunting resources, such as Goodreads! (Don't get me wrong, I still like the educational games but I have those linked to relevant material we are covering on their Online Textbook <--check out my last blog post about this!)


Include a Request link

One thing I recently added to my Symbaloo was a link to a Google Form I created where students can request other educational sites they are aware of that would fit in well with our Class Symbaloo. I receive daily notifications if students have added anything to that form & then I can decide whether to add or not. I didn't really introduce this to my students because I knew that if I did, I would be bombarded with requests for game after game! Instead, as some of them continue to use it day-to-day, they have started to spot the new link there & explore it! So far, I have received legitimate requests & I am enjoying this greatly.


Interested in setting one up?

Shoot me an email asking for help & I shall help you out in any way I can! If you would like to use mine as a template & go from there, go for it!

As usual, my cyberbuds, email me your comments & requests for future topics! I would also love any more suggestions for my Symbaloo, especially the Enrichment section! Subscribe here, like me on Facebook, and follow me on YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment